Monday, November 22, 2010

Without a Muse

The drive to write has struck, but I find myself without inspiration. I imagine the following will lack the beauty and finesse which I strive, yet all so often fail, to accomplish in my drab writings.

This entry will be one of many attempts at restarting my writing since my move to Yokohama. For lack of better topics, I suppose it appropriate to chronicle (in abridged form) my life since I departed from Japan following my first trip here in 2008 (as told in my first blog Nan Desu Ka?!: Dan's cliche' blog. . .).

Upon returning to America I graduated from university. My final year was one of wonderful memories, but also a time of considerable readjustment. Presumably, preparing for entry into the "real world" is a generally unpleasant matter for all people, but I was also dealing with mild reverse culture shock which seemed to add different dimension to this turbulent time.

Upon graduation, I obtained work in Japan. For one year I worked in a "rural" area of Japan. Contrary to what many would expect, I thoroughly enjoyed my life and work in rural Japan. Upon completion of my first work contract, I relocated, with much hesitation, to a more populated area of Japan. This brings me to the entry you are currently enjoying.

I am saddened to realize that the memories created over the past few years are slowly fading. While I am not particularly worried about early onset Alzheimer's, I do fear losing important memories over the natural course of time (as the mind is so often wont to do). Hopefully, I can stem the tide by restarting my writing.

Until next time,

-Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment